Grilled Halibut Salad
Submitted by: Paul Fischbach
Halibut, potaotes, tomatoes and green beans yield to the flavors of California golden raisins and a mustard vinaigrette.
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 cup (2 ounces) bibb lettuce, torn in 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup (1 ounces) field greens
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) French green beans, trimmed and blanched
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) new potatoes, quartered and boiled until tender
- 1/4 cup (1-1/2 ounces) red teardrop tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup (1-1/2 ounces) California golden raisins
- 1 hard cooked egg (1 ounce), diced
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) Mustard Vinaigrette (recipe above)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper, mixed
- 2 halibut fillets, about 5 ounces each, grilled or sautéed
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon California raisin juice concentrate*
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped parsley
For dressing, combine all ingredients except olive oil and parsley in mixing bowl. Whisk vigorously while adding oil in a slow steady stream. Stir in chopped parsley; adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve. Stir well before each use.
For salad, toss lettuce, greens, beans, potatoes, tomatoes, raisins and egg with 1/4 cup mustard vinaigrette, 1 teaspoon olive oil, salt and pepper to combine well; arrange on serving plate. Place halibut on top; drizzle with lemon juice and raisin juice concentrate. Sprinkle with parsley.
Note: Commercially prepared California raisin juice concentrate is available from foodservice and industrial suppliers.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 610 (52% from fat); Total Fat 36g (sat 5g, mono 24g, poly 4g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 150mg; Protein 37g; Carbohydrate 36g; (Dietary Fiber 4g; Sugars 18g; ); Iron 4mg; Sodium 660mg; Calcium 133mg; Potassium 1441mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.