Grilled Chicken, Boursin and Raisin Monte Cristo with Spicy California Raisin Sauce
Try this sweet and savory sandwich for any meal.
- 4 ounce grilled skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 2 slice (12-inch thick each) artisan white bread, crusts removed
- 1 ounce garlic and herb Boursin cheese spread
- 1 ounce California raisin paste*
- 2 fluid ounce Black Forest ham, sliced thin
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Oil; for frying
- Powdered sugar; as needed
- Salt; to taste
- 1 fluid ounce California raisin juice concentrate*
- 1 fluid ounce Franks Original Red Hot Sauce
Slice grilled chicken, very thin, and set aside. Spread Boursin onto one side of one slice of bread. Arrange chicken slices on top. Spread raisin paste onto one side of remaining slice of bread. Fold ham slices into quarters and arrange to fit on top. Turn ham-side down on top of chicken-topped slice to make a sandwich. Dip sandwich into beaten egg; turn to coat entire sandwich. In heavy bottom, ovenproof fry pan, heat small amount of oil to 350°F. Carefully, place sandwich in pan and cook until golden. Turn and brown remaining side; remove from heat and finish in hot oven at 425°: until well-browned.
Meanwhile, in small saucepan, mix raisin juice concentrate with hot sauce and warm over low heat.
To serve, cut sandwich in half; arrange on serving plate and dust with powdered sugar. Drizzle with warm sauce.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 900 (31% from fat); Total Fat 32g (sat 11g, mono 9g, poly 4g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 595mg; Protein 77g; Carbohydrate 84g; (Dietary Fiber 6g; Sugars 48g; ); Iron 6mg; Sodium 1080mg; Calcium 237mg; Potassium 1100mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.