Green Papaya-California Raisin Salad
A much loved dish in Thailand, this shredded papaya salad is a knockout.
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 ounce green papaya; peeled, seeded and shredded
- 1 orange segments
- 3 fresh mint leaves, minced
- 8 fresh cilantro leaves, minced
- 4 fresh Thai basil leaves, minced
- 1/4 cup California natural raisins, plumped
- 1/4 cup California golden raisins, plumped
- 1/2 Thai chile, minced
- 1 teaspoon Fried shallots
- 2 teaspoons chopped roasted peanuts
For dressing, combine palm sugar and boiling water in small bowl; stir till dissolved. Add remaining ingredients; stir together and chill well.
For salad, combine all ingredients in large bowl; drizzle with dressing and toss together till well mixed. Divide and plate. Garnish with fried shallots and roasted peanuts.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 120 (6% from fat); Total Fat 1g (sat 0g, mono 0g, poly 0g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 2g; Carbohydrate 29g; (Dietary Fiber 2g; Sugars 23g; ); Iron 1mg; Sodium 700mg; Calcium 30mg; Potassium 330mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.