- 1 Cup cocktail peanuts
- 1 Cup old-fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1 Cup California raisins
- 1 Tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 Cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
Toss together peanuts, oats, raisins and orange peel. Combine honey, butter, vanilla and cinnamon; pour over peanut mixture until evenly coated. Spread mixture on a large greased baking pan. Bake at 250°F for 30 minutes, stirring several times.
Nutrition Facts Per ServingCalories 340 (Calories from Fat 38%); Total Fat 15 ( Saturated Fat 3; Trans Fat 0; ); Cholesterol 5; Sodium 25; Potassium 426; Total Carbohydrate 47; Dietary Fiber 5; Sugars 31; Protein 8; Calcium 37; Iron 2;
Try Another Recipe
Raisin Nachos with Cinnamon Dipping Sauce
There are many more ways to use raisins for healthy cooking. Take a look at our recipe page for more delicious dishes.View All Recipes
Raisins are excellent food choices for most individuals, including those with Type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM).
- James W. Anderson, M.D., Professor of Medicine and Clinical Nutrition, Emeritus, University of Kentucky.