Golden Raisin Tomato Marmalade
A great dipping sauce for naan.
- 5 pounds onions, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 16 fluid ounce (2 cups) extra virgin olive oil
- Ground black pepper; to taste
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 4 ounce fresh gingerroot, grated
- Zest of 6 oranges
- 3 pounds tomatoes; peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 15 pounds canned diced tomatoes
- 2 pounds California golden raisins
- 2 pounds California natural raisins
- 1 pound light brown sugar
- 4 fluid ounce (1/2 cup) rice wine vinegar
Cook onions with olive oil, spices and zest until onion is translucent. Add tomatoes, raisins and sugar; cook on low, stirring often, for about 10 minutes. Stir in vinegar and continue simmering on low, stirring frequently, for 30 minutes more. Remove from heat; cool and store in refrigerator. Serve at room temperature in bowls accompanied with naan bread for dipping.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 60 (29% from fat); Total Fat 2g (sat 0g, mono 2g, poly 0g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 1g; Carbohydrate 11g; (Dietary Fiber 1g; Sugars 9g; ); Iron <1mg; Sodium 95mg; Calcium 10mg; Potassium 102mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.