Golden Raisin-Orange Salsa
Spicy citrus flavors, olives and raisins to serve with meats of all kinds.
- Serving Size: about 1/4 cup
- 8 oranges, peeled with all pith removed
- 1 cup key lime juice
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 3 3/4 cups pitted and quartered nicoise olives
- 3 3/4 cups pitted and quartered picholine olives
- 2 fluid ounce jicama, peeled and diced 1/4-inch
- 2 cups California golden raisins
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 3/4 ounce chopped fresh cilantro
Working over a large bowl to catch the juice, cut orange sections away from the membrane. Discard membrane and put sections in another bowl; set aside. Combine lime juice, chili powder and cayenne with orange juice. Slowly add olive oil, whisking vigorously, to make dressing. Add remaining ingredients and orange segments to dressing and mix gently but thoroughly. Serve at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 120 (68% from fat); Total Fat 10g (sat 1g, mono 7g, poly 1g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 1g; Carbohydrate 10g; (Dietary Fiber 2g; Sugars 6g; ); Iron 1mg; Sodium 210mg; Calcium 20mg; Potassium 117mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.