Golden Raisin Melon Salad
Good by itself, to complement Spice Rubbed Australian Lamb Loin, or other meats.
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons California raisin juice concentrate*
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- Salt and pepper; to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup honeydew melon julienne
- 1/2 cup cantaloupe melon julienne
- 1/2 cup mango julienne
- 6 tablespoons daikon radish julienne
- 2 tablespoons sliced scallions, green part only
- 1/2 cup California golden raisins
- 3/4 cup carrot julienne
- 1/2 cup chiffonade-cut arugula
Measure ingredients for dressing except oil into large mixing bowl, whisk together and drizzle in oil last. Add all salad ingredients and toss together until well coated. Divide and serve at once.
1. Commercially prepared California raisin juice concentrate is available from foodservice and industrial suppliers.
2. See recipe for Spice Rubbed Australian Lamb Loin for serving suggestion.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 200 (23% from fat); Total Fat 6g (sat 0g, mono 3g, poly 2g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 1g; Carbohydrate 39g; (Dietary Fiber 2g; Sugars 35g; ); Iron 1mg; Sodium 360mg; Calcium 23mg; Potassium 295mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.