Golden Raisin Apricot Rugalach
- Ready Time :
- Macerate raisins in warm water or orange juice (75°F) just to cover; let stand for 12 hours. (Desired final macerated weight is approximately 72% raisins and 28% liquid.)
- Cut butter into small chunks and freeze.
- Combine flours and salt in mixing bowl; add butter, mixing together until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Add sour cream and egg yolks; mix just until fully incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Shape into a flat square on sheet pan and refrigerate.
- With a sheeter or rolling pin, roll to about 1/8-inch or desired thickness. Refrigerate again.
- Cut dough into 8 to 10 pieces each 15 x 16 inches. [About 7.1 ounces (200 grams) each.]
- Spread 1 ounce (about 30 grams) apricot preserves in an even thin layer over each piece of dough, leaving about 1/2-inch on all edges. 2
- Combine sugar, cinnamon and walnuts; mix well. Sprinkle 2.65 ounces (about 75 grams) of mixture, evenly, on top of preserves, leaving 1/2-inch on all edges as before.
- Drain and chop raisins and spread 2.65 ounces (about 75 grams) evenly, over each piece of dough, again leaving about 1/2-inch on all edges.
- Roll up each piece, separately, like a cinnamon roll, being careful to roll tightly and to tuck in ingredients as you go so that they remain distributed evenly. Refrigerate these rolls for at least 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with additional cinnamon and sugar mixture on top. With seam side down, cut into 2-inch lengths. Place on oiled or parchment-covered baking sheets, seam sides down. Repeat for all rolls.
- Bake at 320°F for about 15 minutes until bottoms are golden. Remove from oven and let stand on baking sheet until firm; then transfer to racks to cool completely.
This recipe is found in the following categories:
(No Ratings Yet)
Comments are closed.