Golden Raisin and Lentil Salad
Here's a hearty and tasty salad. Whip it up in a hurry. Eat at leisure.
- Prep Time : 15 min
- Cook Time : 5 min
- Ready Time : 20 min
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 cup California golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped, toasted pecans
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper; to taste
Combine water and lentils in a large microwave safe bowl. Cover and cook on high for 5 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Rinse with cold water and drain well; transfer to a medium-size salad bowl with raisins, bell pepper and green onions. Whisk all dressing ingredients together in a small bowl; drizzle over lentils and toss to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionlly. Stir in pecans just before serving.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 230 (32% from fat); Total Fat 9g (sat 1g, mono 6g, poly 2g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 7g; Carbohydrate 34g; (Dietary Fiber 5g; Sugars 17g; ); Iron 2mg; Sodium 160mg; Calcium 40mg; Potassium 393mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.