Golden Garden Rice Salad
Hearty raisin-rice salad with broccoli and mushrooms.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 3/4 cups cooked and cooled, long grain rice
- 1 cup broccoli florets; blanched, rinsed with cold water and drained
- 2/3 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup California golden raisins
- 1 3/4 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 3/4 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro leaves (optional)
- Salt and pepper; to taste
- 1 package (5 ounces) prewashed salad mix containing romaine, iceberg, endive, radicchio and leaf lettuce
- 1 fresh ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
In large bowl, whisk oil, vinegar and mustard together. Add rice, broccoli, mushrooms, raisins, onions and cilantro; toss to coat well. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately or cover and chill.
Serve at room temperature. Line 8 individual salad plates or serving platter with prewashed salad mix and mound salad in middle. Garnish with tomato wedges.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 150 (22% from fat); Total Fat 4g (sat 0g, mono 2g, poly 0g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 3g; Carbohydrate 29g; (Dietary Fiber 2g; Sugars 15g; ); Iron 1mg; Sodium 30mg; Calcium 32mg; Potassium 330mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.