- One day in advance, macerate raisins in water*, just until covered. Drain well prior to mixing (ideal maceration weight is reflected in the formula).
- Toast coconut to a light golden brown in a low oven, cool and set aside.
- Pour chia and flax seed into a bowl and add water, set aside for 15 minutes.
- Mix softened butter and sugar in a planetary mixer fitted with a paddle, on medium for 5 minutes until pale and fluffy.
- Add seed mixture, break into small pieces and mix thoroughly.
- Add eggs, applesauce and vanilla. Mix until dispersed, stop mixer and scrape sides.
- Add flours and other dry ingredients and mix on lowest speed until nearly incorporated, add drained raisins and mix until consistent.
- Scoop into 35 g pieces, arrange on sheet trays with parchment, leaving some room for spreading.
- Bake at 325°F on low convection for 20 minutes.
- Cool con rack.
* To add character, consider accenting with a dash of rum, coconut milk or Limoncello.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving(Calories from Fat %); ( );
Try Another Recipe
Raisin Cinnamon Walnut Cream Cheese Spread
There are many more ways to use raisins for healthy cooking. Take a look at our recipe page for more delicious dishes.View All Recipes
Raisins are fat and cholesterol free.