Gluten-Free Brownie with Raisins
Submitted by: Craig Ponsford - Ponsford's Place - San Rafael, CA
|Brown Rice Flour||0.245||40.00|
|Raisin Juice Concentrate||0.919|
- One day in advance, macerate raisins in Orange juice with zest* (do not drain excess).
- Mix butter, raisin juice concentrate and sugar in a planetary mixer fitted with a paddle, on medium for 5 min until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs two at a time, whipping until smooth between each addition, add vanilla and mix until dispersed.
- Sift together flours, cocoa powder and other dry ingredients.
- Add to mixing bowl on lowest speed until nearly incorporated.
- Add juice and raisins and mix until consistent.
- Scoop 50 g each into scalloped paper molds, or 2 kg per 1/2 sheet, greased, with parchment.
- Bake at 325˚F on low convection for 20 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
- Chop chocolate into small pieces.
- Bring cream to a simmer, pull off heat and pour over chocolate, let sit for 5 minutes and whisk gently until shiny and smooth.
- Pour into a piping bag with a plain tip and top each cooled brownie with a pillow of ganache.
- Dot with golden raisins if desired.
* For variation, consider accenting with a dash of balsamic vinegar, crème de cassis or vin santo.
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.