- 2 Cups fresh pineapple chunks, cut up
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 large orange, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 Cup California raisins
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped red onions
- 1/4 Cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon honey, if desired
In medium bowl, combine all ingredients; stir well. Cover and let stand in refrigerator for at least 1 hour or until chilled. Serve the same day for best flavor with broiled or grilled chicken or pork.
Nutrition Facts Per ServingCalories 110 (Calories from Fat 3%); Total Fat 0 ( Saturated Fat 0; Trans Fat 0; ); Cholesterol 0; Sodium 5; Potassium 287; Total Carbohydrate 27; Dietary Fiber 3; Sugars 24; Protein 1; Calcium 25; Iron 1;
Try Another Recipe
Frypan Spinach Salad with Raisins
There are many more ways to use raisins for healthy cooking. Take a look at our recipe page for more delicious dishes.View All Recipes
Raisins are excellent food choices for most individuals, including those with Type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM).
- James W. Anderson, M.D., Professor of Medicine and Clinical Nutrition, Emeritus, University of Kentucky.