Fire Roasted Tomato, Raisin, and Cocoa Nib Salsa
Smokey, rich deep flavor - something differenct for the salsa world.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- 1 cup California raisins
- 2 14 1/2 oz cans fire roasted tomato chunks,drained
- 1 cup toasted pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa nibs, crushed
- 1-2 ancho chiles, toasted then soaked in water for 15 minutes, sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
Heat olive oil in a small saute pan and add sliced chili, cook stirring until fragrant. Add raisins and cook for 2-5 minutes stirring, until raisins are soft and shiny, remove from heat and let cool. Mix tomatoes, pepitas, cocoa nibs, onion, raisin and chili mixture, lime juice, vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe is found in the following categories:
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.