Fall Greens and Winter Fruits with Golden Raisins
Tangerine dressing, persimmons, golden raisins, nuts and baby greens - lots of color!
- 6 tablespoons fresh tangerine juice
- 1 tablespoon grated tangerine peel
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons nut oil (hazelnut, almond or walnut)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 package (5 ounces each) mixed baby greens with mazuna, tatsoy, baby green and red oak and leaf lettuce
- 2 ripe persimmons; peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup nuts; toasted and skin rubbed off
- 3/4 cup California golden raisins
Boil tangerine juice and peel in small heavy saucepan over medium high heat until reduced to 1/3 cup, about 5 minutes. Transfer to medium bowl. Whisk in next 5 ingredients. Season dressing with pepper. Cover; chill. Whisk again before using.
Place all greens, half of persimmon slices and raisins in large bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat. Divide salad among 6 plates. Top each with remaining persimmon slices and nuts; serve.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 320 (66% from fat); Total Fat 24g (sat 2g, mono 10g, poly 11g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 4g; Carbohydrate 25g; (Dietary Fiber 2g; Sugars 19g; ); Iron 2mg; Sodium 210mg; Calcium 52mg; Potassium 418mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.