Ensalada de Noche Buena
Traditionally served on Christmas Eve, this Mexican treat provides healthy eating throughout the holidays.
- Lettuce leaves
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 cup canned sliced beets, drained
- 1/2 cup peeled and sliced banana
- 1/2 cup peeled and sliced navel orange
- 1/2 cup peeled and sliced jicama
- 1/2 cup peeled and sliced red apple
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup California raisins, plumped
- 1 1/3 tablespoons salted peanuts
- Pomegranate seeds
- 1 lime, cut in thin wedges
- Cilantro sprigs
On large platter lined with lettuce leaves, arrange shredded lettuce, beets, bananas, oranges, jicama, apple and pineapple; chill.
In small bowl, combine vinegar, sugar and salt; mix to dissolve sugar. Just before serving, pour vinegar mixture evenly over salad. Sprinkle with raisins, peanuts and pomegranate seeds; garnish with lime wedges and cilantro sprigs.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 130 (9% from fat); Total Fat 1.5g (sat 0g, mono 0g, poly 0g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 2g; Carbohydrate 29g; (Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 24g; ); Iron 1mg; Sodium 80mg; Calcium 24mg; Potassium 313mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.