Dried Fruit and Sausage Stuffing
Sweet raisins paired with smoky turkey sausage to stuff a bird or serve plain.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1 cup chopped red apple
- 1/4 pound smoked turkey sausage, casing removed
- 3/4 cup California raisins
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt; to taste
- 1 package (6 ounces) seasoned cornbread stuffing mix
- 3/4 cup apple or white grape juice
- Fresh parsley sprigs; for garnish
Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat oil in heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and sauté 2 minutes. Stir in apple, sausage, raisins, seasonings, and cornbread mix; cook 1 minute, stirring until well blended. Remove from heat. Gradually add juice, stirring until lightly moistened.
Turn into buttered 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Cover and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes until heated through. Garnish with sprigs of fresh parsley.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 240 (15% from fat); Total Fat 4g (sat 1g, mono 2g, poly 1g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 10mg; Protein 6g; Carbohydrate 46g; (Dietary Fiber 6g; Sugars 22g; ); Iron 2mg; Sodium 590mg; Calcium 53mg; Potassium 334mg
Comments are closed.