Curried Shrimp Salad with Raisins
Sour cream and curry combine with golden rasisns, shrimp and fruits for a satisfying summer salad.
- 1/2 cup non-fat dairy sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 5/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 fresh pineapple* (about 1 pound)
- 2 medium, fresh ripe nectarines or peaches, divided
- 2 fresh ripe plums, sliced
- 1 cup California golden raisins
- 1 1/2 pounds medium prawns, cooked and shelled
- 1 bunch green or red leaf lettuce
- 1 green onion, sliced diagonally
In small bowl, combine all ingredients for dressing; cover and chill. For Salad, peel and cut fresh pineapple into short spears, reserving juice. Cut 1 1/2 nectarines into large chunks and combine with pineapple, sliced plums, raisins and cooked prawns in large bowl. Toss to coat with reserved pineapple juice. Line individual salad plates or large serving platter with lettuce leaves. Mound fruit mixture in center. Slice remaining 1/2 nectarine; dip in pineapple juice and arrange along with pineapple spears around fruit mixture. Sprinkle green onion slices over all. Serve with dressing to drizzle on.
Note: Substitute 20 ounce can pineapple.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 200 (6% from fat); Total Fat 1.5g (sat 0g, mono 0g, poly 0.5g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 165mg; Protein 20g; Carbohydrate 29g; (Dietary Fiber 2g; Sugars 23g; ); Iron 3mg; Sodium 250mg; Calcium 81mg; Potassium 521mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.