- 2 Tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1/4 Cup reduced-fat Mayonnaise
- 3/4 Cup Greek yogurt, plain fat-free
- 1 Teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 Teaspoons curry powder
- 1 Teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Cup California Raisins
- 1 medium apple, with skin, chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 Cups cooked whole wheat penne or medium shells
- 2 Cups cooked skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 Cup chopped scallions (about 2 scallions)
Toast almonds in a small dry skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, until golden, about 2-3 mintes. Remove from pan and set aside. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice, curry powder, turmeric, cinnamon, and salt.
Place the California raisins, apple, pasta, chicken, and scallions in a large serving bowl. Toss to combine. Add the mayonnaise mixture and toss to coat. Garnish with toasted almonds.
Recipe created by Elizabeth Ward, MS, RD