Curried Chicken Salad
Natural and golden raisins add perfect balance to this spicy chicken salad for a crowd.
- 3 whole chicken breasts(about 2 1/2 pounds), bone-in and skin-on
- Olive oil; as needed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups low calorie, low sodium mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chutney
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 cup medium-diced celery (2 large stalks)
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions, white and green parts (2 scallions)
- 1/2 cup California natural raisins
- 1/2 cup California golden raisins
- 1 cup whole roasted, salted cashews
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place chicken breasts on sheet pan; rub skin with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast 35 to 40 minutes until done (170°F). Cool. Remove and discard skin and bones; cut into bite-size pieces.
For dressing, in bowl of food processor fitted with steel blade, combine mayonnaise, wine, chutney and curry powder; process until smooth and season to taste.
Combine chicken with enough dressing to moisten well. Add celery, scallions and raisins; mix well. Let stand in refrigerator for a few hours. Warm to room temperature, fold in cashews and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 460 (43% from fat); Total Fat 22g (sat 5g, mono 9g, poly 6g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 105mg; Protein 38g; Carbohydrate 26g; (Dietary Fiber 2g; Sugars 14g; ); Iron 3mg; Sodium 230mg; Calcium 48mg; Potassium 580mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.