Submitted by: Roy Harland
This mildly spicy condiment is the perfect complement to Indian and Middle Eastern grilled lamb or couscous.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- 1 1/2 cups plain fat free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup English cucumber; peeled, seeded and diced 1/4-inch
- 1 cup California raisins
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Set a strainer lined with a paper coffee filter over a bowl. Place the yogurt in the filter and let it drain for 3 to 4 hours. Turn the thickened yogurt into a mixing bowl. Fold in the remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 90 (3% from fat); Total Fat 0g (sat 0g, mono 0g, poly 0g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 3g; Carbohydrate 20g; (Dietary Fiber 1g; Sugars 18g; ); Iron 1mg; Sodium 40mg; Calcium 103mg; Potassium 300mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.