- 3 Cups fresh cranberries
- 2 Cups peeled and finely chopped Anjou pears
- 11/3 Cups orange juice
- 11/2 Cups coarsely chopped California raisins or dried California Zante currants
- 1/3 Cup packed brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons minced crystallized ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts Per ServingCalories 70 (Calories from Fat 2%); Total Fat 0 ( Saturated Fat 0; Trans Fat 0; ); Cholesterol 0; Sodium 4; Potassium 165; Total Carbohydrate 17; Dietary Fiber 1; Sugars 14; Protein 1; Calcium 12; Iron 1;
Try Another Recipe
Frypan Spinach Salad with Raisins
There are many more ways to use raisins for healthy cooking. Take a look at our recipe page for more delicious dishes.View All Recipes
Raisins are excellent food choices for most individuals, including those with Type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM).
- James W. Anderson, M.D., Professor of Medicine and Clinical Nutrition, Emeritus, University of Kentucky.