Couscous Salad for Schools
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- 6 1/2 cups instant couscous
- 4 1/4 cups California raisins
- 4 1/4 cups chopped green bell peppers
- 3 1/4 cups shredded carrots
- 2 1/8 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dried chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon salt
1. Cook couscous according to package directions; stir gently with spoon to fluff.
2. Add raisins, peppers and carrots; mix well.
3. Combine ingredients for vinaigrette and mix well.
4. Toss vinaigrette with salad ingredients; chill.
5. Serve 1/2 cup per serving.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 170 (38% from fat); Total Fat 7g (sat 0g, mono 4g, poly 2g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 3g; Carbohydrate 24g; (Dietary Fiber 2g; Sugars 9g; ); Iron 0mg; Sodium 115mg; Calcium 9mg; Potassium 149mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.