Country Ribs with Waldorf Gravy
Walnuts, apple, celery and California raisins add spiced flavors to these country-style ribs.
- Serving Size: 3 to 4 ribs
- 4 pounds country-style pork ribs, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup
- 1/3 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups California raisins
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts; for garnish
In a large skillet, brown ribs on all sides in hot oil. Remove ribs from skillet, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Cook onion in drippings until tender but not brown. Add soup, apple juice concentrate, poultry seasoning, cinnamon and bay leaf. Return ribs to skillet. Simmer, covered, 45 minutes. Add apple, celery and raisins. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes more. Stir in half-and-half, heat through. Remove bay leaf. Turn into serving bowl and sprinkle with walnuts. Serve with hot cooked rice.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 370 (41% from fat); Total Fat 17g (sat 5g, mono 7g, poly 3g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 100mg; Protein 31g; Carbohydrate 23g; (Dietary Fiber 2g; Sugars 19g; ); Iron 3mg; Sodium 310mg; Calcium 64mg; Potassium 790mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.