Whisk together ingredients for dressing and set aside.
Heat 1-1/2 inches oil in large saucepan to hot but not smoking (325°F to 350°F). Divide the wonton stips into three or four batches. Fry one batch at a time, stirring occasionally until crisp and light golden brown. Drain on paper towels and set aside. Repeat till all are done.
Just before serving, gently toss all the remaining salad ingredients with the crispy wontons in large mixing bowl with enough dressing to coat. Line 6 salad plates with lettuce leaves; divide and spoon salad onto plates. Pass additional dressing.
Note: Available at Asian markets and most supermarkets.
- 1/4 Cup soy sauce
- 1/2 Cup canola oil
- 1/4 Cup seasoned rice wine vinegar* or white wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons pure sesame oil*
- 1/4 Cup hoisin sauce*
- 1 Teaspoon dried red chile flakes (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- freshly ground black pepper
- Peanut or canola oil for frying
- 1/2 Package wonton skins(about 25), separated and sliced into 1/4-inch ribbons
- 3 Cups shredded roast chicken, white and dark meat
- 3/4 Cup California raisins
- 1/4 Cup toasted sliced almonds
- 8 Cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 Cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 Cup chopped cilantro
- Large red leaf lettuce leaves for lining plates