Chinese Chicken Salad
Asian flavors, California raisins and crunchy wonton ribbons set this chicken salad apart.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar* or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pure sesame oil*
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce*
- 1 teaspoon dried red chile flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- freshly ground black pepper
- Peanut or canola oil for frying
- 1/2 package wonton skins(about 25), separated and sliced into 1/4-inch ribbons
- 3 cups shredded roast chicken, white and dark meat
- 3/4 cup California raisins
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 8 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Large red leaf lettuce leaves for lining plates
Whisk together ingredients for dressing and set aside.
Heat 1-1/2 inches oil in large saucepan to hot but not smoking (325°F to 350°F). Divide the wonton stips into three or four batches. Fry one batch at a time, stirring occasionally until crisp and light golden brown. Drain on paper towels and set aside. Repeat till all are done.
Just before serving, gently toss all the remaining salad ingredients with the crispy wontons in large mixing bowl with enough dressing to coat. Line 6 salad plates with lettuce leaves; divide and spoon salad onto plates. Pass additional dressing.
Note: Available at Asian markets and most supermarkets.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 560 (49% from fat); Total Fat 31g (sat 3.5g, mono 16g, poly 9g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 55mg; Protein 23g; Carbohydrate 50g; (Dietary Fiber 4g; Sugars 25g; ); Iron 3mg; Sodium 1020mg; Calcium 65mg; Potassium 516mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.