Chewy Chocolate Drop Cookies
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- 7 cups California raisins
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups margarine, softened
- 1 cup liquid eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pound mini chocolate chips
1. Process raisins and applesauce until a smooth paste is formed.
2. In a large mixer bowl, combine raisin paste with sugar, margarine, eggs and vanilla; mix well.
3. Add flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; mix well.
4. Add chocolate chips, stirring just to blend chips evenly throughout the dough.
5. Using a #30 scoop, drop dough onto a parchment-lined pan. Flatten cookies gently using another sheet of parchment.
6. Bake in a conventional oven at 350º F. for 13 to 15 minutes or until set.
Notes: This is a moist, chewy cookie. If you need to stack these cookies for shipment, bake 15 to 17 minutes; this will dry the surface slightly and keep them from sticking to each other. They will retain their moistness inside due to the raisins.
Substitute mini candy-coated chocolate pieces for the chocolate chips, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 160 (32% from fat); Total Fat 6g (sat 1.5g, mono 2.5g, poly 1.5g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 2g; Carbohydrate 26g; (Dietary Fiber 1g; Sugars 17g; ); Iron 1mg; Sodium 180mg; Calcium 20mg; Potassium 132mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.