Whisk ingredients together. Set aside.
Cook brown rice according to package instructions; drain.
Meanwhile, trim any green leaves from cauliflower and remove core. In large saucepan, bring about 4 quarts of salted water to boil, and add the cauliflower. Boil about 4 minutes or until just tender; drain and cool. Separate into florets and set aside.
In mixing bowl, toss rice with raisins and pine nuts; mix in cauliflower florets and enough dressing to coat well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature with grilled fish, meat or chicken.
- 1/2 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- 1 Cup brown rice
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 Cup California raisins
- 1/4 Cup toasted pine nuts
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper