Cauliflower and California raisins create an interplay of flavors and textures.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 cup California raisins
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Whisk ingredients together. Set aside.
Cook brown rice according to package instructions; drain.
Meanwhile, trim any green leaves from cauliflower and remove core. In large saucepan, bring about 4 quarts of salted water to boil, and add the cauliflower. Boil about 4 minutes or until just tender; drain and cool. Separate into florets and set aside.
In mixing bowl, toss rice with raisins and pine nuts; mix in cauliflower florets and enough dressing to coat well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature with grilled fish, meat or chicken.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 320 (47% from fat); Total Fat 17g (sat 2.5g, mono 11g, poly 2g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 4g; Carbohydrate 38g; (Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 17g; ); Iron 2mg; Sodium 310mg; Calcium 28mg; Potassium 400mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.