- 1 Cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 Cup butter
- 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 Cup whipping cream
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup plus 2 tablespoons California raisins
- 1/4 Cup semisweet chocolate chips
In medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, syrup and cream. Cook over low heat until mixture boils, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves. Cool completely. Stir in raisins and chocolate chips. Store in refrigerator and warm to room temperature before serving. If mixture thickens, stir in a little cream. Serve with apple and pear slices as dippers.