- 1 Teaspoon wasabi paste or 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Japanese seasoned rice vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 Cup California Zante currants
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl; whisk together. (Can be prepared a day or two ahead, kept tightly covered and refrigerated until needed.)
Note: For serving suggestion, see recipe for Warm Salmon Soba Salad with Currant Dressing.
Nutrition Facts Per ServingCalories 60 (Calories from Fat 21%); Total Fat 1 ( Saturated Fat 0; Trans Fat 0; ); Cholesterol 0; Sodium 35; Potassium 137; Total Carbohydrate 12; Dietary Fiber 1; Sugars 10; Protein 1; Calcium 15; Iron 1;
Try Another Recipe
Fall-is-in-the-Air Raisin Pie
There are many more ways to use raisins for healthy cooking. Take a look at our recipe page for more delicious dishes.View All Recipes
Raisins are excellent food choices for most individuals, including those with Type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM).
- James W. Anderson, M.D., Professor of Medicine and Clinical Nutrition, Emeritus, University of Kentucky.