California Raisin White Starter
|Water at 80ºF||44||32||907.2|
|Day 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8|
- On Day 1, combine water and raisins; let stand in a warm place for 48 hours.
- On Day 3, strain, reserving liquid and discarding raisins. Mix 1 cup of the raisin liquid with 8 ounces of flour; let rest at room temperature for 24 hours.
- On Day 4, reserve 8 ounces of mixture and discard the remainder. Mix with 8 ounces water and 8 ounces flour; let stand for 12 hours.
- Repeat Step 4 two times per day for 5 days more. (This will increase the yeast cell density and add acidity to the starter.)
- On Day 9, save all of the starter (24 ounces) and feed it 24 ounces (3 cups) of water and 24 ounces of flour.
- The starter is now ready for use in bread
This recipe is found in the following categories:
(No Ratings Yet)
Comments are closed.