- 61/2 Tablespoons ruby port
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 10 Tablespoons California raisins
- 11/2 Tablespoons capers
- 3/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper; to taste
Combine wine, vinegar and raisins in saucepan; heat to simmer and cook for 1 minute. Cool to room temperature. Turn into blender; add capers and blend until smooth. With blender running on medium, slowly drizzle in olive oil till blended. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
Note: For serving suggestion, see recipe for Tossed Green Salad with Spiced Pecans and Raisin Vinaigrette.