- Bring water to boil; remove from heat and add raisins. Soak for 5 minutes then strain, reserving liquid. Let raisins and liquid cool completely.
- Sift flour, sugar, lecithin, soda and spices into mixing bowl. Blend on low speed with paddle attachment. Add shortening and salt; mix well.
- Slowly, add reserved liquid and mix just until smooth. Fold in raisins.
- Divide and spread in two greased 13 X 9-inch pans and bake at 350°F for 30 to 40 minutes, until done.
- Cool and cut into 36 portions about 2 x 3-inches and 3 ounces each.
- Raisin Sangria Muffin
- Raisins and Carrot Cakes
- Raisin Bran Muffins.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving(Calories from Fat %); ( );
Try Another Recipe
California Raisin Cinnamon Roll
There are many more ways to use raisins for healthy cooking. Take a look at our recipe page for more delicious dishes.View All Recipes
Raisins are fat and cholesterol free.