1. Measure raisins into a bowl; add hot water to cover and soak for 15 minutes. Drain for 5 minutes and let raisins stand for at least 1 hour more or overnight.
2. Blend flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together with paddle attachment on low.
3. Blend in softened butter, eggs and milk. Then, stir in raisins.
4. Roll out dough to about 3/4-inch thickness. Cut into scones and place on parchmentlined cookie sheet.
5. Bake at 360°F for about 18 minutes.
- Raisins in Mexican Conchas
- Raisins in Italian Panetone.