California Raisin Rice Bowl with Firecracker Pork
Chiles in the sauce will fire up your 4th of July party!
Sweet Thai Chile Sauce (makes 2 quarts)
- 16 ounces (2 cups) California raisin juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup sweet soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 cup sriracha chile sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh gingerroot, peeled and chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup orange juice
- 4 cups California raisins
- 4 dried Japanese red chiles
- 16 ounces cooked pork, shredded
- 1 fluid ounce (2 tablespoons) canola oil
- 1 cup prepared battered tri-cut sweet potatoes*
- 2 cups hot cooked jasmine rice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves; for garnish
- Green onion strips; for garnish
- 4 teaspoons hot chile oil; for garnish
Combine first 9 ingredients in heavy bottomed saucepan; heat and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes, stirring often. Cool or store in refrigerator until needed.
When ready to serve, place pork in large mixing bowl; add 12 ounces (3/4 cup) Sweet Thai Chile Sauce, and mix to coat well. Let stand.
Then, heat a 16-inch nonstick frypan over medium high heat. Add canola oil and brown sweet potatoes. Stir in pork mixture and heat through. Place 1/2 cup hot rice on each of 4 individual serving plates or bowls. Divide and arrange sweet potatoes and pork on top. Drizzle each serving with another 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) of the Sweet Thai Chile Sauce. Garnish with cilantro and green onion; drizzle with chile oil.
Note: SWEET THINGS® Sweet Potato Battered Tri-Cut Dices available from Lamb Weston.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 730 (34% from fat); Total Fat 28g (sat 7g, mono 14g, poly 4g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 85mg; Protein 37g; Carbohydrate 86g; (Dietary Fiber 5g; Sugars 56g; ); Iron 4mg; Sodium 540mg; Calcium 87mg; Potassium 1106mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.