- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup buttermilk
- 1/2 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon honey
- 1 Cup cooked brown rice
- 1 Cup grated or shredded carrots (3 medium)
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped or thinly sliced green onion
- 1/2 Cup California raisins
Measure mayonnaise into a medium bowl. Slowly add buttermilk, whisking until smooth. Whisk in vinegar and honey. Stir in rice, carrots, onion and raisins; mix well. Serve at once or chill thoroughly.
Nutrition Facts Per ServingCalories 160 (Calories from Fat 12%); Total Fat 2 ( Saturated Fat 0; Trans Fat 0; ); Cholesterol 0; Sodium 40; Potassium 316; Total Carbohydrate 33; Dietary Fiber 3; Sugars 19; Protein 3; Calcium 37; Iron 1;
Try Another Recipe
Cocoa Raisin Muffins
There are many more ways to use raisins for healthy cooking. Take a look at our recipe page for more delicious dishes.View All Recipes
Raisins are excellent food choices for most individuals, including those with Type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM).
- James W. Anderson, M.D., Professor of Medicine and Clinical Nutrition, Emeritus, University of Kentucky.