California Raisin Panettone
Individual raisin and fruit filled breads for breakfast or dessert!
- 3 1/2 ounce yeast starter
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) warm milk
- 1/2 cup (2 1/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup (3 ounces) California golden raisins
- 2/3 cup (3 ounces) dried apricots
- 3 tablespoons (3 ounces) peach brandy
- 1 2/3 cups (6 3/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small egg, beaten
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) warm water
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) soft butter
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) pistachios, chopped
Twenty four hours ahead, combine starter, milk and 1/2 cup flour in mixer bowl; mix and set aside. Combine raisins and apricots in brandy; set aside to soak.Then, to make dough, measure flour, sugar, salt, egg and yolk, water, butter, orange zest and vanilla into mixer bowl with starter. With dough hook, mix on low speed for 6 minutes. Then, add pistachios and raisins; mix on low 1 minute more. Cover with plastic wrap; let stand for 30 minutes to rise. Punch down and portion into twelve 2-ounce balls. Arrange in buttered muffin pans. Bake at 325°F for 25 minutes or till golden brown. Brush with melted butter while still hot.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 240 (28% from fat); Total Fat 8g (sat 3g, mono 3g, poly 1g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 45mg; Protein 5g; Carbohydrate 37g; (Dietary Fiber 2g; Sugars 15g; ); Iron 2mg; Sodium 150mg; Calcium 43mg; Potassium 298mg
This recipe is found in the following categories:
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.