- 1/2 Cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup fresh, frozen, or dried cranberries
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 3/4 Cup California raisins
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples; peeled, cored and diced small
In a stainless steel saucepan, bring cider vinegar, sugar and cranberries to boil; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until cranberries soften. Add lemon juice, raisins and apples, stirring gently. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes. Remove cover and cook 5 to 6 minutes longer or until apples soften. Keep warm until ready to use.
Note: See recipe for Cornflake-crusted Panettone with California Raisin, Cranberry and Apple Compote.