California Raisin Chipotle Mustard Glazed Beef Short Rib Sliders
Dijon, chipotle and raisins flavor these beef sliders.
- Serving Size: 1 slider
California Raisin Chipotle Mustard Glaze (makes about 1-1/2 quarts)
- 2 1/4 fluid ounce Dijon mustard
- 10 1/2 fluid ounce California raisin juice concentrate*
- 10 1/2 fluid ounce California raisin paste*
- 3 fluid ounce olive oil
- 1 ounce chopped fresh garlic
- 2 grams freshly ground black pepper
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary; leaves only, chopped fine
- 1 ounce chipotle pepper canned in adobo sauce; stemmed, seeded and puréed
Short Rib Slider
- 1 pound braised beef short rib meat
- California Raisin Chipotle Mustard Glaze (above)
- 16 soft dinner buns, about 3-inches square; split horizontally and warmed
Combine all ingredients for Glaze in blender or food processor and process until very smooth.
To assemble Slider, in a 12-inch sautépan over medium high heat, combine beef and Chipotle Mustard glaze. Cook, stirring often, until meat is just slightly crisp and sauce is thick.
Divide meat and spoon sauce onto bottoms of warm buns. Replace tops of buns and serve hot.
Notes: Ingredients are listed by weight.
Sliders are best when prepared in small batches of 4 using 4 ounces of braised beef and about 1-1/2 ounces of glaze divided among 4 warmed buns.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 290 (37% from fat); Total Fat 12g (sat 3g, mono 7g, poly 1g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 30mg; Protein 12g; Carbohydrate 35g; (Dietary Fiber 1g; Sugars 28g; ); Iron 3mg; Sodium 220mg; Calcium 43mg; Potassium 269mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.