California Raisin-Carrot Salad and Shrimp Curry with Ginger Murabba
Savory ginger murabba add a delicious layer of flavor to shrimp curry, carrots and raisins.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon black mustard seeds
- 1 medium carrot, julienne
- 1 piece (2-inch) gingerroot, julienne
- 1/4 cup California natural raisins
- 6 mint leaves, chiffonade
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup California golden raisins
- 1 cup distilled vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 tablespoon ground black cardamom
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 pound shrimp, 30/35 count
- 12 fluid ounce California raisin juice concentrate*
- 1 piece gingerroot, about 3 inches long
- 4 cloves garlic
- 5 ounce cumin seeds
- 1 ounce coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 6 chilies d’arbol
- 2 ancho chilies
- 5 cardamom pods
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 fluid ounce canola oil
- 12 fluid ounce coconut milk
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
Heat oil and mustard seeds in small heavy saucepan, stirring frequently, until grey and popped; cool. Then, combine with remaining ingredients for Carrot Salad and season with salt to taste. Chill until ready to serve.
Measure all ingredients into saucepot; heat to boiling and simmer gently until almost all liquid has evaporated. Set aside to cool.
Peel and devein shrimp. Set aside. Combine next 10 ingredients in bowl of food processor and process until smooth paste. In sautépan, heat canola oil over medium heat. Add chili paste and sauté until hot clear through. Stir in shrimp and continue to sauté until done. Stir in coconut milk and lime juice; heat through. Stir in cilantro and adjust seasonings with salt and additional lime juice, to taste.
To serve, divide hot curry onto 4 individual serving plates and top each with a portion of Carrot Raisin Salad. Garnish with Ginger Murabba.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 1010 (35% from fat); Total Fat 44g (sat 18g, mono 15g, poly 7g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 220mg; Protein 38g; Carbohydrate 145g; (Dietary Fiber 13g; Sugars 109g; ); Iron 36mg; Sodium 3840mg; Calcium 525mg; Potassium 1858mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.