California Marinated Salad
Combine these flavors of California early to meld flavors thoroughly.
- 1 medium fresh ripe nectarine or peach
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup California raisins
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives
- 1/3 cup green onions, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 jar (6 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained reserving liquid
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crumbled
Cut nectarine into thick slices; then cut each slice in half crosswise. Combine with mushrooms, tomatoes, raisins, olives, onions and artichokes in large salad bowl. Mix reserved marinade with oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, sugar, tarragon and thyme in small bowl or jar with tight fitting lid. Whisk or shake to mix well. Pour over salad and toss gently but thoroughly. Cover salad and chill for at least 2 hours, tossing once or twice to mix well.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 250 (56% from fat); Total Fat 16g (sat 1.5g, mono 9g, poly 5g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 3g; Carbohydrate 26g; (Dietary Fiber 4g; Sugars 19g; ); Iron 2mg; Sodium 350mg; Calcium 37mg; Potassium 500mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.