California Golden Raisin Tequila Salsa
Amazing tequilla-plumped raisins in a tangy Tex-Mex salsa.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- 1 1/2 cups California golden raisins
- 1/4 cup gold tequila
- 2 oranges
- 1 mango; peeled, seeded and diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups scallions, cut in 1/4-inch slices
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in 1/4-inch dice (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 jalepeno, seeded and minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- Salt and pepper; to taste
In small bowl, soak raisins in tequila for at least 2 hours. Peel oranges, removing all white pith; divide into segments and chop to yield about 1-1/2 cups.
Drain raisins and reserve liquid. In large bowl, combine raisins and oranges with remaining ingredients and stir well. Season with liquid reserved from raisins, salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 40 (2% from fat); Total Fat 0g (sat 0g, mono 0g, poly 0g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 0g; Carbohydrate 9g; (Dietary Fiber 1g; Sugars 8g; ); Iron 0mg; Sodium 0mg; Calcium 12mg; Potassium 0mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.