California Golden Raisin, Quinoa and Melon Salad
Luscious golden raisins blend with an ancient grain and melons for a surprising tasty salad.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounce Spanish chorizo, halved and sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch thick half moons
- 1/2 cup California golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon light molasses
- 1 cup prepared quinoa
- 1/2 cup cantaloupe or honeydew melon balls
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
In a medium saucepan, heat oil over high heat and sauté chorizo until warm and fat begins to render. Add raisins, vinegar and light molasses; stir until bubbly and liquid is reduced a little. Pour into bowl; stir in quinoa, melon balls, mint and green onions. Serve immediately or chill and serve cold.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 240 (28% from fat); Total Fat 8g (sat 2.5g, mono 3g, poly 1g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 10mg; Protein 8g; Carbohydrate 37g; (Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 15g; ); Iron 3mg; Sodium 190mg; Calcium 36mg; Potassium 501mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.