In large bowl, toss together cabbage, apple, orange, green pepper, raisins and nuts. In small bowl, combine mayonnaise with chilli sauce, lemon juice and salt. Pour dressing over slaw mixture; toss lightly to coat.
- 1 Package (16 ounces) shredded cabbage with carrots
- 1 medium apple; cored and diced
- 1 medium orange; peeled and cubed
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 Cup California golden raisins
- 1/2 Cup California natural raisins
- 4 Tablespoons chopped nuts
- 1 Cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup bottled chilli sauce
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt; to taste
Nutrition Facts Per ServingCalories 240 (Calories from Fat 45%); Total Fat 13 ( Saturated Fat 2; Trans Fat 0; ); Cholesterol 0; Sodium 460; Potassium 474; Total Carbohydrate 31; Dietary Fiber 4; Sugars 21; Protein 3; Calcium 62; Iron 1;
Try Another Recipe
California Raisin and Orange Salad
There are many more ways to use raisins for healthy cooking. Take a look at our recipe page for more delicious dishes.View All Recipes
Raisins are excellent food choices for most individuals, including those with Type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM).
- James W. Anderson, M.D., Professor of Medicine and Clinical Nutrition, Emeritus, University of Kentucky.