A mixture of coconut, almonds and chicken spooned over lettuce and melon slices.
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chutney, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 1/2 cups cooked chicken or turkey, shredded
- 1/2 cup California raisins
- 1 bunch green leaf lettuce
- 3 cups torn or chopped iceberg lettuce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons shredded coconut, toasted
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/8 cantaloupe, peeled and cut into 4 slices
- 1/8 honeydew melon, peeled and cut into 4 slices
Combine sour cream, chutney, curry and lime juice. Mix well. In mixing bowl, mix 1/3 cup dressing with chicken and raisins. Cover and chill chicken mixture and remaining dressing.
To serve, line salad bowls or serving platter with leaf lettuce and pile torn iceberg lettuce in center. Stir coconut and almonds into chicken mixture. Spoon mixture into center of bowl or platter. Arrange melon slices around chicken mixture. Serve remaining dressing on the side.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 360 (38% from fat); Total Fat 15g (sat 6g, mono 6g, poly 2g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 85mg; Protein 29g; Carbohydrate 27g; (Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 23g; ); Iron 2mg; Sodium 110mg; Calcium 81mg; Potassium 723mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.