Bombay Raisin Turkey Salad
Spice up turkey salad with golden raisins, chutney and almonds.
- 18 to 22 pounds bone-in turkey breasts
- 1/2 cup mild curry powder
- 36 ounce prepared mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cups mayonnaise
- 2 quarts diced tart apples
- 1 quart diced celery
- 1 quart small diced red onions
- 1 quart toasted almonds
- 5 cups California golden raisins
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Bone, brine and tie turkey breasts. Roast at 325°F until internal temperature is 165°F. Allow breasts to cool slightly. Drain and weigh out 12 pounds. Chill thoroughly.
Combine curry powder, chutney, lemon juice and mayonnaise; mix thoroughly. Dice and add turkey along with apples, celery, onions, almonds and raisins. Season with salt and pepper; mix well. Cover and chill.
Portion 3/4 cup onto individual lettuce-lined serving plates. Serve with toasted honey grain wheat bread or pita and seasonal fresh fruit.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 290 (23% from fat); Total Fat 8g (sat 1g, mono 3g, poly 1g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 100mg; Protein 36g; Carbohydrate 20g; (Dietary Fiber 2g; Sugars 9g; ); Iron 3mg; Sodium 290mg; Calcium 49mg; Potassium 533mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.