- 1 Pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 Cup California raisins
- 1/4 Teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 Cup uncooked instant white rice
- 1 Cup water
In large skillet, cook ground beef over medium-high heat until browned; drain excess fat. Stir in tomatoes, raisins, garlic, cinnamon and red pepper. Reduce heat; cover. Simmer 5 minutes. Add rice and water; bring to a boil. Cover; remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and mixture is desired consistency.
Note: Spoon mixture into warmed flour tortillas and roll up to make wraps, adding other flavor ingredients, such as cheese, salsa, sour cream or guacamole. Makes great stuffing for green peppers, too.