BBQ Turkey and Raisin Flatbread
The flavors work well in this flatbread recipe.
- 2 cups prepared barbeque sauce
- 1/2 cup California raisin paste
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha Hot Sauce
- 2 fluid ounce Maker's Mark Bourbon
- 1/4 cup Raisin Juice Concentrate
- 1/2 California raisins
- 4 cups roasted turkey breast, shredded
- 4 cups red onions, julienned and caramelized
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cilantro
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 cups smoked Gouda, shredded
- 12 each 16 x 5 rectangle Flatbreads, Ultra Thin Pizza Shells & Flatbreads brand preferred
Preheat convection oven to 425ºF. To prepare sauce, combine first seven ingredients in a saucepan, cook over medium high heat for 15 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and cool. To assemble flatbreads, drizzle each crust with 1 1/2 oz. sauce, top with 1/3 cup turkey, 1/3 cup caramelized onions and 1 tablespoon cilantro. Finish each with 1/2 cup of each cheese. Bake in the preheated oven directly on the rack. Bake for approximately 6 to 8 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven, cut each flatbread into six pieces, and serve immediately.
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.