Autumn Vegetable Salad
All the fresh vegetables of the season with a creamy yogurt dressing.
- 3 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper and kosher salt; to taste
- 1/2 cup green beans, trimmed and cut in half crosswise
- 1 cup shredded peeled celery root (8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup shredded fennel bulb (1 small bulb)
- 1 3/4 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 3/4 cup California raisins
- 1/3 package (3 to 4 ounces) prepared salad mix containing iceberg and romaine lettuce
- 2/3 cup canned sliced beets, drained and chilled
For Dressing, combine ingredients in small bowl or jar with tight fitting lid and whisk together or shake until well mixed. Set aside.
Cook green beans in boiling water for 4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and rinse under cold water, and then, drain well. Combine with celery root, fennel, chopped chives and raisins in large bowl. Pour dressing over all, tossing to coat. Arrange greens and divide the beets evenly among 6 salad plates; top each serving with 1 cup green bean mixture.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 100 (4% from fat); Total Fat 0g (sat 0g, mono 0g, poly 0g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 2g; Carbohydrate 23g; (Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 18g; ); Iron 2mg; Sodium 100mg; Calcium 54mg; Potassium 321mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.