- 8 Ounces green beans
- 8 medium porcini mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons verjus*
- Salt and pepper
- 3 Tablespoons grape seed oil
- 2 apples, cut in matchstick-size pieces
- 1/2 Cup walnuts
- 1 Cup California golden raisins, plumped
Clean and blanch green beans in salted water. Set aside. Clean and finely slice porcini mushrooms. Set aside. Mix mustard, shallot, verjus and salt and pepper to taste. Gradually add oil while whisking vigorously. Mix together green beans, mushrooms, apples, walnuts and raisins. Add vinaigrette and salt and pepper to taste.
Note: Verjus is an acidic, sour liquid made from unripe fruit, such as grapes. It is often added to sauces and mustards to heighten flavor. It can sometimes be found in specialty gourmet shops. Lemon juice or vinegar are good substitutes.