Ahi Tuna Medallions with Raisin Medley
Submitted by: Kim Canteenwalla
A medley of raisins and fruits combine to elevate tuna to another level.
- Serving Size: 4 ounces fish, 3/4 cup Raisin Medley
- 3/4 cup California golden raisins
- 3/4 cup California natural raisins
- 3/4 cup vodka or white grape juice
- 1 whole mango, small dice
- 1/2 whole pineapple, small dice
- 1 Granny Smith apple, small dice
- 1/2 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- Salt and pepper; to taste
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh ahi tuna
- 1 tablespoon whole pink Szechuan peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon whole green Szechuan peppercorns
- Sprigs of watercress; for garnish
Soak raisins in vodka until plumped. Combine mango, pineapple, apple and fresh gingerroot in small bowl; mix well and season with salt and pepper. Chill.
Divide and trim tuna to make 2 rectangular strips. Heat small sautépan until smoking and toast peppercorns lightly; grind and spread evenly on small cookie sheet. Dredge tuna pieces to coat on all sides. Return tuna to hot smoking sautépan and sear, about 30 seconds on each side. Let stand in refrigerator till ready to serve.
Cut each tuna piece, crosswise, into 9 equal slices. Arrange 3 slices on each of 6 individual serving plates. Drain raisins and stir into fruit mixture along with almonds. Divide and spoon onto plates; garnish with watercress.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 410 (12% from fat); Total Fat 6g (sat 0.5g, mono 3g, poly 1g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 50mg; Protein 30g; Carbohydrate 46g; (Dietary Fiber 5g; Sugars 38g; ); Iron 2mg; Sodium 50mg; Calcium 67mg; Potassium 964mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.